Perhaps you have read about how a chemical peel could help you look younger and remove skin damage. Rather than trying an at-home treatment, make an appointment with a doctor specializing in this area, such as Dr. Roger Koreen, a dermatologist for chemical peel treatment in Huntington, New York, who you can trust.
Chemical Peel Treatment
Chemical Peel Treatment improves your skin’s texture and appearance. It is used to treat primarily facial skin, discoloration of the skin, brown spots, and scarring. The process removes the outer layers of skin, the dead and dull skin cells. The peel solution is customized to achieve superficial, medium, or deep exfoliation.
Choosing a Dermatologist
Choose your dermatologist with care, so you end up with a person who has expertise in chemical peels. When done correctly, you avoid infection and lasting scars. Follow these steps to find a dermatologist specializing in chemical peels.
- Ask your primary care physician for referrals. Check this list with family and friends to see if they use any of them.
- Research each doctor’s credentials. Read reviews to gauge the quality of their experience.
- Phone each dermatologist’s office to inquire if they are accepting new patients.
- Set a consultation appointment if they are accepting new patients.
- At the consultation appointment, review your medical history with the dermatologist. They should ask you about prior medical conditions and any current issues, plus any medications you take. They should also inquire about cosmetic procedures you have had.
- Your consultation should also include a physical exam in which the doctor inspects your skin, especially the area where you want to receive the chemical peel.
- During this exam, the doctor will recommend the type of chemical peel that your skin would most benefit from, and that would work best with your facial features.
- Discuss your expectations of the procedure with the doctor. It would help if you shared with them your motivations. The doctor will apprise you of potential risks.
Make sure you understand how many treatments you might need, how long it will take to heal, and what your results might be. Chemical peels are one of the facial treatments many people have done once or twice per year to create lasting results.
We Are always available to help you.... Call Us TodayNew Patients: (631) 417-3300 | Existing Patients: (631) 421-4398 Book an Appointment
Dr. Roger Koreen of Dermatology & Cosmetic Laser Center has various options available for residents of Huntington, New York, regarding chemical peel dermatology. Call Dermatology & Cosmetic Laser Center today at (631) 417-3300 to schedule an appointment.