Men and women today have many more options when it comes to taking care of their skin. What is interesting is that many of the solutions pale in comparison to the methods used by our ancestors.
Finding skin care that meets your needs may not be as easy as you would assume, especially if you attempt to create a regimen without assistance from your Huntington, NY dermatologist. Consulting with patients, Dr. Koreen not only recommends specific products from professional, proven lines, but he also offers tips that will help patients make the most of their skin care routine.
- An ounce of protection may be exactly what you need. Sunscreen is an essential component of a healthy skin care regimen. While most people know to apply sunscreen daily, there remains a question as to how much. Women, especially, want to layer lightly beneath makeup. This could be a costly mistake. About 1/2 teaspoon is sufficient to adequately protect the skin from sun damage.
- Remember to reapply! Sunscreen does not last all day, so it is important to find products that may be easily applied both beneath and over makeup. At Dermatology and Cosmetic Laser Center, we have a selection of various topical sunscreens from which to choose. Not all are what you may imagine!
- Pair your products wisely. One of the most beneficial pearls of wisdom that men and women gain from their dermatologist is that their skin will not be adequately served by a singular product. During the day, your skin may require the protection that comes from antioxidants and sunscreen. At night, peptides and retinoids are more appropriate.
- Keep it mild. Harsh chemicals in some skin care solutions can pose a threat to the moisture of your skin. Gentle ingredients are the best option for every skin type.
- Keep it convenient. Let’s face it, there are times when you are just too tired to go through your nightly skin care routine. Doctors themselves often set out their moisturizers and serums on their bedside table for nights they may have forgotten to apply products before bed.
Everything from diet to stress affects the appearance of your skin. At Dermatology and Cosmetic Laser Center, you can find not only the right products for your skin but also the support you need to promote positive results. Call (631) 417-3300 today.Back to Skin Care Page