Each time you undergo a PicoSure tattoo removal treatment, you adhere to the same aftercare methods. Taking good care of your tattoo removal area ensures a quick and effective healing method, and you will get a better result from the overall treatment when you care for it properly.
For about six hours after your PicoSure tattoo removal treatment, the area might feel warm as if you had been sunburned. This feeling fades. You can use a cold compress to cool it. For between four to six hours, use the compress every 20 minutes. You can also take acetaminophen as directed on the bottle for the pain.
Clean the area using Cetaphil soap and tap water. Pat it dry with a clean towel or paper towel. Use something that will not leave lint behind. Apply Aquaphor or Vaseline to the entire tattoo area and a little overage. Cover the area with a clean gauze pad and a Telfa bandage and repeat this process three times each day for five days. If the area has not healed in five days, continue this cleaning and bandaging method.
What to Avoid
For a period of three to five days:
- Avoid soaking in the bathtub or Jacuzzi and swimming.
- Avoid scratching the area until it has healed, as this will remove the scab.
- Avoid shaving the area until healed since this will remove a scab or irritate the area.
- Avoid exercising so you do not perspire too much. Sweat interferes with the healing process.
What to Do
Until your follow-up visit with your doctor or specialist:
- Take a shower daily. You can also wash the area using running water.
- After the area heals, usually five days post-treatment, use sunscreen daily.
- Note any fever, severe pain, discharge, or other tattoo removal-related symptoms, and contact your doctor.
We Are always available to help you.... Call Us TodayNew Patients: (631) 417-3300 | Existing Patients: (631) 421-4398 Book an Appointment
Your follow-up treatment usually occurs within six to eight weeks.
Dr. Roger Koreen of Dermatology & Cosmetic Laser Center has various options available for residents of Huntington, New York, regarding PicoSure Tattoo Removal. Call Dermatology & Cosmetic Laser Center today at (631) 417-3300 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Koreen for PicoSure Tattoo Removal that you can count on.