Over the past several years, innovative developments in laser technology have led to a rapid increase in treatment options for individuals facing various skin concerns. The improvements that have occurred have facilitated the accomplishment of better results as well as the capability to treat a wider variety of conditions safely and effectively.
At the Dermatology and Cosmetic Laser Center of Huntington, we are pleased to provide patients with outstanding medical and cosmetic care using the XTRAC®
Laser treatments are simply those that deliver an intense beam of light. Depending on the wavelength of the light used, certain tissues will absorb the energy of the laser. What is special about the XTRAC®
excimer laser is that this technology uses a wavelength that falls within the UVB range of light. The significance of the 308 nanometer wavelength is that the XTRAC®
excimer laser is able to reach specific tissues, protecting others from unnecessary exposure.
excimer laser is a device that gives individuals with vitiligo, psoriasis, and other problems hope for resolution. This laser device has been shown especially effective in the treatment of plaque psoriasis, offering benefits that include:
- Dramatic clearing of psoriasis and vitiligo within about ten treatments
- Results from treatment can last several months
- Treatments are comfortable and convenient, completed in just a few minutes
- Symptoms are relieved without the use of creams or extensive skin care
- UV exposure occurs only in targeted cells
- Multiple treatment areas
- No risk of skin thinning, premature aging of the skin, or systemic side effects
- XTRAC® laser treatment may be covered by insurance
Dr. Koreen is an experienced dermatologist who has assembled treatments and products which have been proven in clinical trials. Where the XTRAC®
excimer laser is concerned, this procedure has been cited in more than 45 clinical studies and research programs. Cleared by the FDA and endorsed by leading dermatologic and psoriasis foundations, the XTRAC®
excimer laser has been used to help over 2 million patients worldwide.
Learn how we can help you handle your skin concerns. Contact our Huntington dermatology practice for your consultation.
- Cosmetic Laser dermatologist Huntington - Huntington dermatologist offers cosmetic laser treatments